I’ve wanted to make this yoyo for a long time. No thrills, all catch zone and pure performance. It doesn’t hold your hand or try to comfort you, it just wants to do tricks. It might sound heavy at 65 grams but the large 57mm diameter and accomodating 48mm width mean it plays fast. With all that weight packed into those chunky 7068 aluminium rims, it just performs and goes fast. I used it to compete at 3 contests last year and it never let me down.
Polybius Yotography Contest
Want to win this 00/30 Polybius? It’s time for a contest that anyone can enter. The rules are simple:
- Take your best photo of any yoyo
- Upload it to Instagram
- Include the tag #polybiusyotography
- I’ll pick the best 8 (or 16 if we get a lot of entries) and everyone can vote for their favs on instagram in knockout rounds of voting on Instagram stories.
- Submission deadline is 29th March
- Winner will be announced on the OP Instagram stories.
You don’t need a fancy camera to win. Compose, expose and edit your photo well and it’ll be great no matter what camera or phone you’re using.
Good luck. If you have any questions or concerns, send me a message using the form at the bottom of this page.
Collaborating on a yoyo with the person who taught me to yoyo is the most absurd thing I think I’ll do during my time making yoyos. Not only because it’s the biggest yoyo store in the world, but because André Boulay is one of the most generous people you could wish to meet.
That’s where the name is from, but I bet you want to know how it plays! It’s only 62 grams, 56mm diameter, 44mm wide, made from 7068 aluminium and pure joy on a string. Drawing from the 2 most popular yoyos I’ve ever made, the Monocle and Float, it plays like something you only imagined in your dreams. The Absurdity comes in our standard magnetic box with all the papers to prove it’s real, some stickers, an Airetic string and an yoyorecreation NSK DS Platinum bearing. It’ll be sold exclusively on the YoYoExpert store.
Send me a message if you have any questions, compliments or complaints. I don’t even mind chatting yoyos so feel free if you just want to talk.
I usually aim to get packages out the same or next working day. Check out the OPYOYOS Instagram page for updates on if I’m unable to ship or not as that’s where I announce these things.
- Orders inside the UK are shipped using Royal Mail First Class post. These usually arrive the next working day but can sometimes take 3 working days to arrive. This option is $5.
- The first International shipping option is Royal Mail International. These usually arrive in 5-10 days but can take longer in some circumstances. This costs $15.
- The second international shipping option is DHL International. These usually arrive within 2-5 working days. This costs $25.